An oracle of a prophet desperate for God’s deliverance from utter destruction.
- The prophet feels hopeless, because God seems to do nothing about iniquity and wrongdoing
- “So the law is paralyzed, and justice never goes forth. For the wicked surround the righteous; so justice goes forth perverted.”
- What an intriguing verse–the law was paralyzed (ineffective), because justice failed to exist.
- What type of culture is the law stale and ineffective? A culture “who own might is their god!”
- Rejoice in the LORD
- the God of my salvation
- God who is my strength
- God who
- “makes my feet like the deer’s”
- “makes me tread on my high places”
Ultimately, salvation rests in LORD, the God of my salvation. Injustice and lawlessness may be “paralyzed,” but my deliverance is in Christ.